I ran on Wednesday, after taking a week off, and it felt amazing. My little legs wanted to go so I let them. We ran up to the top of the steep hill (just past the pretty tree, everyone should know which tree I'm talking about) and then turned around and started cruising down the hill when my iPod battery died! How rude! I ran the rest of the run with the sound of my haggard breathing moving in and out of my lungs. I ran just under 4 miles. Lovely.
![]() | |
| The incontrovertibly rude iPod that puttered out on my run. |
I ran on Saturday. I was planning on a short run, but felt really good by the time I got to the turn off for first hill. So my ass thinking it's hot shit decides to just run on up first hill. On the tundra. It was steeper and longer than I thought. I pushed and pushed and pushed and got to the last steep part before it tapers off gently and couldn't get any more oxygen into my lungs. I had to walk the last part. I ran a wee bit more on the steep part, got bit by two bugs, and then scuddled my hiney down the not so steep 4-wheeler trail. I had a tough time catching my wind the whole way home. Soon as I think I'd got it back I'd speed up and within seconds be heaving and in pain. So I paced myself and my fantastic hot stuff run turned into a putt-putt home. Ah well. Cest la vie. I still ran. And it still felt good.

No comments:
Post a Comment