Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Still running

Not exactly on a fantastic schedule but at least I'm not sitting on my butt all the time pigging out on anything I can get my grubby little paws on.  Kinda like today.  It's not even noon and I've already reveled in the deliciousness that is fried chicken.  I think that's where my day peaked.  It's all downhill from that.  Which is precisely yet another reason why I'm never going to be a skinny chick.  Other factors include, but are not limited to: mac n cheese, muscle mass and an adoration for wine.
Fried Chicken - photo from here

6/10 Sunday - flew home
6/11 Monday - 2 miles
6/12 Tuesday - rest day
6/13 Wednesday - 3.5 miles (top of first hill)
6/14 Thursday - Jason came to town
6/15 Friday - so I slacked and didn't run
6/16 Saturday - because he wouldn't leave my side
6/17 Sunday - 4 miles (first stop sign)
6/18 Monday - rest day

2 miles out.  2 miles back.  I'm proud to say I can do this in about 45 minutes.

Which means that today is a run day.  Hypothetically.  If I can mentally coach myself to get all sweaty and nasty and run in the miserable ugly stupid fog.  Boo on fog.  Maybe it'll lift by evening time.  One of the days I ran it was so thick I swear someone was gonna drive by, not see me, and crush me under their spinning wheels, grinding me into the gravel.  It was terrifying every time I heard a vehicle coming.  I didn't even listen to music, so I could listen for my demise.

No comments:

Post a Comment