Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Running

Since I've come home from my last work trip to Oregon, I've been running quite a bit.  It's just in my system or something.  It feels so good even though my body is taking a beating.  I got home on Sunday the 6th and was pooped out.  I ran around a bunch that morning getting my stuff that I shipped up from Colorado into a storage unit and doing some last minute stuff before heading to the airport, it didn't help that I stayed up till about 4 in the morning watching Twilight.  Yeah I did.  So when I got home I pooped out and didn't run like I intended to.  I did however run the day before with Chelsea in Anchorage.  She seriously pushed and encouraged it.  We ran two miles in about 26 minutes.  :)  Not too shabby.

Because I didn't run Sunday I decided I was definitely gonna run on Monday.  And because I want to be healthier (and it's a wee bit (not much) warmer) I've taken to walking to and from my house to my mom's house and to work.  It was on one of these walks that my knee decided to freak out on my and start shooting excruciating pain through my body and I couldn't walk for a minute or two.  Needless to say this cancelled my run plans for the evening.  I figured it was a bad idea to run when my knee was all freaking out on me.  Tuesday my knee didn't give me any such problems so I went for a 2 mile run that evening.  Wednesday I went for a 3.5 mile run up the hill and had mom pick me up at the second stop sign.  Thursday was a short fast 1.5 miles and then wine and riding with Miss Tracy.  Friday was a 2.8 mile run and Saturday was a day of rest and being hung over from champagne and wine with Trace to celebrate the glorious graduates of Frank A. Degnan high.  May they go off to college and explore other parts of this world, one little psycho in particular.  :)

Look at this food porn.  Yes.  I say yes to bacon.  Photo courtesy of Michael Kraus

Sunday I had B.L.T's with momma for lunch, brotherman beat me to the punch and called mom to wish her happy mother's day before me.  After a nap and some Big Bang Theory, I headed over to mom's house and made roasted veggies with broiled steak.  We decided dessert was a must so I whipped up some apple crisp and she pulled out some cool whip to thaw.  Delicious, fairly perfect dinner.  Being the good daughter that I am, I even did her dishes.  (Or rather my dishes, since I was the one cooking.)  I digested for a good bit and then went for a 2.8 mile run.  Monday, also known as yesterday, I did a 3.5 mile run in about 45 -50 minutes.  So I think I'm averaging around 13 or 14 minute miles.  Totally okay with me.  Despite all my running, I've been over eating and as a result I've been packing on the pounds.  Not okay with me.  I'm gonna be making some changes starting today.  It's gonna be tough, but I'm ready to take on the challenge.  I don't want to be where I'm at physically or mentally right now.  It's... yucky.  Just not good.  Not sure if I'll run today.  I might just do some good stretching or some ab exercises.  All my weight seems to be gravitating towards my disgusting belly.

Dessert.  Photo by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment